Lodging Tax Grant Guidelines
All those interested in receiving grant money from the Wayne County Convention & Visitors Bureau must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Grant applications (PDF)will be considered quarterly. The request must be submitted before the event.
- The application deadline for the January meeting is December 31,
- The deadline for the April meeting is March 31,
- The deadline for the July meeting is June 30, and
- The deadline for the October meeting is September 30.
- Except for the City of Wakefield, events must be conducted in Wayne County.
- Money requested for an event may not be used for:
- Purchase or rental of equipment
- Telephone expenses or postage
- Salaries or administrative costs
- Any item not included in the grant application
- "Event funded in part by a grant from the Wayne County Convention & Visitors Bureau" must be used on all printed material, radio ads, TV commercials, and any other form of advertisements/market used for the event. A copy of our logo will be provided.
- To receive the grant funds, recipients must submit documentation such as a copy of the bill or canceled checks to the Wayne County Clerk's office. Attach a copy of your advertising showing the use of the logo. You are responsible for submitting supporting documentation within 60 days from the date of the event of future contributions will be reduced.
- If the event is sponsored by a for-profit organization, a receipt proving that 10% of the net proceeds were donated to the host community must be included with the reimbursement request.
- You will be reimbursed 3-4 weeks after final documentation has been received.
- Grant recipients need to reapply if the grant is not used within six months of the approval date.
Please call Georgia Janssen, Secretary of the Wayne County Convention & Visitors Bureau, at (402) 585-4531 with any questions.