When to Renew Your License
The Driver's License Examiners are located in the lowest level of the Wayne County Courthouse, 510 Pearl Street, on Wednesdays from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- New residents must get a Nebraska driver's license within 30 days after moving into the State of Nebraska.
- Driver's licenses may be renewed within 90 days before the expiration date. No extra time is allowed after the expiration date.
- Nebraska residents who change addresses within Nebraska must get a new driver's license within 60 days after moving to their new address.
What You Need
- When applying for a Nebraska permit, driver's license or state identification card, you must present documentation of:
- Identity containing your name and date of birth
- Principal address in Nebraska (at least two documents are required)
- For a list of acceptable documents, see Applying for a Nebraska Permit, License or Identification Card (PDF) or call (402) 471-3861.
- Temporary permits, identification cards and licenses will be issued by the County Treasurer. Permanent cards will be mailed to you within 20 business days after application.
- Contact the Driver's Examiners on Wednesdays at (402) 375-7009
- Replacement License – Operator's License/Permit/Identification Card
- CDL Books may be found at the Driver's Examination Station, County Treasurer's office or your local law enforcement agency
- Please Note: The DMV is no longer printing the Nebraska Driver's Manual due to the following reasons:
- The information in the manual is continually being updated due to legislative and policy changes so there is rarely a time when the paper version is completely up-to-date. The electronic version on the DMV website is updated immediately after a change is made.
- The cost of producing the paper version of the manual is extremely expensive. Many of these manuals end up on the floor or in the garbage.
- Determining inventory needs for statewide distribution is very difficult. Consequently, the DMV either does not have an adequate supply, or more likely, has an excess of manuals that are thrown away when a new printing occurs.
- Most people have access to the internet in their homes, schools, or public libraries.
- Please access the Nebraska Driver's Manual at . Thank you in advance for your cooperation.