All those interested in receiving grant money from the Wayne County Convention & Visitors Bureau must adhere to the following guidelines:
- The event must be conducted in Wayne County.
- The event must bring visitors from at least 30 miles away with overnight dollars being spent in Wayne County.
- Money requested for an event may not be used for:
- Purchase or rental of equipment
- Telephone expenses or postage
- Salaries or administrative costs
- Any item not included in the grant application
- Grant applications must be submitted at least 90 days prior to the event. The funding request will be reviewed based on the cost estimates submitted.
- All grant recipients must use “Event funded in part by a grant from the Wayne County Convention & Visitors Bureau” on all printed material, radio ads, TV commercials, and any other form of advertisements.
- Within three months of the event, grant recipients must submit documentation, such as a copy of the bill or cancelled check, to Wayne County Clerk, 510 Pearl Street, Suite 5, Wayne, NE 68787
- If the event is sponsored by a for-profit organization, a receipt proving that 10% of the net proceeds were donated to the host community must be included with the reimbursement request.
- You will be reimbursed 3-4 weeks after final documentation has been received.
- Grant recipients need to reapply if the grant is not used within six months of the approval date.
Please call Georgia Janssen, Secretary of the Wayne County Convention & Visitors Bureau, at (402) 585-4531 with any questions.