All those interested in receiving grant money from the Wayne County Convention & Visitors Bureau must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Grant applications will be considered quarterly. The request must be submitted prior to the event. The application deadline for the January meeting is December 31, the deadline for the April meeting is March 31, the deadline for the July meeting is June 30, and the deadline for the October meeting is September 30. The funding request will be reviewed based on the cost estimates submitted.
- Except for the City of Wakefield, events must be conducted in Wayne County.
- Money requested for an event may not be used for:
- Purchase or rental of equipment
- Telephone expenses or postage
- Salaries or administrative costs
- Any item not included in the grant application
- All grant recipients must use “Event funded in part by a grant from the Wayne County Convention & Visitors Bureau” on all printed material, radio ads, TV commercials, and any other form of advertisements.
- Within 60 days of the event, grant recipients must submit documentation, such as a copy of the bills or cancelled checks, to Wayne County Clerk, 510 Pearl Street, Suite 5, Wayne, NE 68787
- If the event is sponsored by a for-profit organization, a receipt proving that 10% of the net proceeds were donated to the host community must be included with the reimbursement request.
- You will be reimbursed 3-4 weeks after final documentation has been received.
- Grant recipients need to reapply if the grant is not used within six months of the approval date.
Please call Georgia Janssen, Secretary of the Wayne County Convention & Visitors Bureau, at (402) 585-4531 with any questions.