510 Pearl St.
Ph: (402) 375-1153
Fx: (402) 375-4137
Monday - Friday
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
The Wayne County Highway Superintendent is responsible for:
- Writing bid specifications and soliciting bids for road equipment, bridge materials, culverts, gravel, contract labor and engineering services.
- Supervising bridge inspections and training inspectors. Federal law requires all bridges over 20' long to be inspected every two years.
- Applying for Federal aid funds for road and bridge projects.
- Conducting negotiations for acquisition of road rights of way.
- Reviewing and classifying bills for road expenses.
- Issuing Enhanced 9-1-1 addresses to new rural houses.
- Reviewing applications for permission to:
- Install utility lines in road rights of way
- Move buildings on County roads
- Build in flood plains