The Wayne County Treasurer’s office is currently limiting access to the public for the safety of all residents and staff. We still have alternative options to conduct business such as online services, mail, and the drop box on the North side of the building. Driver’s exams will not be given until further notice. Please refer the Governor’s executive order regarding a waiver for expiring registrations, new vehicle purchases, and driver’s licenses.
All the online services are accessible at these two websites:
If you want to use the mail, our address is:
Wayne County Treasurer 510 N Pearl St Wayne, NE 68787-1939
Please call 402-375-3885 with any questions you may have. Our hours are 8:30 – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, but subject to change.
Our goal is to continue to serve the people of Wayne County efficiently and keep everyone safe.
Tammy Paustian Wayne County Treasurer
The responsibility of the County Treasurer is to:
- Collect all revenues for Wayne County
- Bill and collect all real estate and personal taxes in Wayne County
- Title and register all motor vehicles located in Wayne County
- Issue temporary driver’s licenses, CDLs, learner permits, ID cards, school permits, etc.
- Disperse collections to the proper political subdivisions
- Register boats
- Register snowmobiles
The Wayne County Treasurer’s Office accepts cash, checks, E-checks and debit or credit cards.
- Debit or credit cards must be Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express and have the name of the customer on the card
- A 2.35% fee will be added for credit or debit payments
- A $1.00 flat fee for E-checks will be added to real estate payments ONLY
There is also a drop box for payments located on the north side of the courthouse.